Search This Site

Loading

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Dickwatch

The Big Dick

Cheney is just the gift that keeps on giving. On the deceased donor of a (now clearly lonely) heart:
"... the way I think of it from a psychological standpoint is that it’s my new heart, not someone else’s old heart. And I always thank the donor, generically thank donors for the gift that I’ve been given, but I don’t spend time wondering who had it, what they’d done, what kind of person.."
Of course you don't, Dick. I mean, you've already "generically" thanked the Aristotelean donor archetype.

I'm going to be very sad when Dick Cheney dies. Unless we get to have a few days of rage in his memory, that is.

8 comments:

  1. I have read that in 15% of heart transplant cases the recipient experiences a change in personality. It is thought that sometimes this change is caused by ‘cell memory’ from the donor. However, like the article you site, I doubt that Dick has the capacity to perceive any nuanced memory – except he did say that it was “someone else’s old heart”. Lets hope so. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. I think just going through a procedure like that would change my personality.

      Delete
  2. My greatest wish would be that when he goes to Hell, Dick, Adolph H. and my ex wife have to spend eternity shoving a large pineapple up each others ass. Day after day.

    That isn't asking too much is it?

    Reb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah. Hate is too draining. I was thinking more along the lines of "birds of a feather, stick together." (:-)

    Reb

    ReplyDelete
  4. A heart transplant would change my personality too. I got a titanium hip not long ago and that changed my perspective if not my personality. However, I also believe there may be something to the idea of a consciousness in everything.

    On to Fukushima.
    http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/11/17-0

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Cheney should be conscious when they electrocute him for all the deaths he is responsible for
    but about which he has has no guilty conscious.
    Reb, a pineapple Sisyphus?
    cal Lash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, *I* don't want to be responsible for *his* death, either. Plus I think it's unnecessary. Statistics show that he will die (badum-bump.)

      But really - is he not the most villainous MF since {Godwin's Law censor}?

      Delete

I welcome all reactions and points of view, so comments here are not moderated. Cheerfully "colorful" language is great. I'll even tolerate some ad hominem directed against me... each other, not so much. Racist or excessively abusive comments (or spam) will be deleted at my discretion.