Portland Police officer getting his barista on
FDL's premier liveblog for today: Live Blog for #Occupy Movement: Aftermath of a Massive Day of Action.
The official site for #OWS, OccupyWallStreet, calls yesterday's highly invigorating actions "historic". I do not find this hyperbolic:
- Over 30,000 People Rally in New York City (NYPD estimated 32,500), including organized contingents of workers, students, and other members of “the 99%”
- Actions in at least 30 cities across the country and around the world
- Commemoration of 2-Months Since Birth of the 99% Movement, Festival of Lights on Brooklyn Bridge (Note: My personal fave)
- Blockade of all Entry-Points to NYSE; hundreds participate in nonviolence civil disobedience
- Sense that a powerful and diverse civic movement for social justice is on the ascent
Double hippie-punching points for the NYPD - it's a girl, too!