Search This Site

Loading

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Quick Hit: Shut The Fuck Up Edition - #OWS Day 34

CUF App

Excerpted email I received from DFA (no link) this morning:
One of the most powerful things about the Occupy Wall Street movement is that it's leaderless. No one person or organization controls it, drives it or can take credit for the movement that's continuing to build everyday...

...So, sign up to get your free sticker right now, or get a pack of 10 for $10...
This is typical of the emails I've received from other "professional" leftie organizations, organizations that have been around for years and haven't done a goddamned thing other than raise money and assist in the election of our corporate/political class. Hitching your star to #OWS is despicable.

There's a tired old saying which I'm not particularly fond of, but considering the target I don't feel the need to get too clever here: "Lead, follow, or get out of the way." DFA, MoveOn.org (the "reprehensible organization," according to Chris Hedges), the rest of you, you're in get out of the way territory. Even better, shut the fuck up!

I plan on putting up a more substantive post a little later, but here is the link for Live Blog for #OWS: Day 34, Touring the Other Occupations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all reactions and points of view, so comments here are not moderated. Cheerfully "colorful" language is great. I'll even tolerate some ad hominem directed against me... each other, not so much. Racist or excessively abusive comments (or spam) will be deleted at my discretion.