Search This Site

Loading

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mayor Of Oakland Walking It Back - Day 41 #OWS, #OccupyOakland

Quan Oakland

The Bay Citizen:
Oakland Mayor Jean Quan, under attack from inside and outside her administration, announced late Wednesday that Occupy Oakland can return to the plaza in front of City Hall, an abrupt reversal that followed a night of street violence Tuesday and widespread criticism over her handling of the crisis.
Police remain unrepentant so far, though:
“I think we’re in trouble. We’ve been placating these people so long that they don’t take us seriously,” one officer said. “If you run this red light 10 times and I’m sitting there and on the 11th time I give you a ticket, you’re going to say, you’ve been watching me this whole time and today you’ve decided to do something about it?”
Oakland solidarity march in NYC attacked:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all reactions and points of view, so comments here are not moderated. Cheerfully "colorful" language is great. I'll even tolerate some ad hominem directed against me... each other, not so much. Racist or excessively abusive comments (or spam) will be deleted at my discretion.