Search This Site

Loading

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Some Positive News

A Growing Movement
From the rare-good-news department, this trend is reported at Nation of Change:
What the people at the fair shared in common was not their politics, but their optimism.

...Something in our culture is changing. A growing segment of
[20-somethings] don’t want to just buy organic, healthy food. They want to grow it. This new lust to farm seems to cross class, race, and politics.

...So what’s going on? I think we’re seeing the convergence of three major cultural trends:
  • A response to uncertain times ahead...
  • A rebellion against agribusiness...
  • An enhanced appreciation of good food...
Ah, the young.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention. I'm enjoying exploring your blog. And I like your Paypal beer button, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Alex. You're doing good work, and it deserves more than just a mere mention from outlier blogs like mine. Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all reactions and points of view, so comments here are not moderated. Cheerfully "colorful" language is great. I'll even tolerate some ad hominem directed against me... each other, not so much. Racist or excessively abusive comments (or spam) will be deleted at my discretion.