Search This Site

Loading

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ode To My Peeps

Conversation
I just want to give a shout-out to the people who are directly around me, amongst some of whom there is no love lost, believe you me.

Just to give out TMI - sadly necessary for context here - I've been out of work for nearly a month, funds running out and all of that. Don't cry for me - I'm a pretty competent short-order cook even at my late age, and I have lines in the river, as it were.

No, forget about me here. It's the people around me who are determined to keep me comfortable and happy even in this uncertainty. Cigarettes, wine, beer, pot... stuff you're not "supposed to have" when you're "down and out."

And cash, yeah.

And like I said - we're all not exactly in love with each other or anything. They're just stepping up. Which is actually the Love with the capital "L," no?

There's a lot of love out there, and in there, close to you. We'll weather this shit just fine.

(OK, you bootstrappin' Rand-ians and Social Darwinians. Please come in and tell me how my friends are de-motivating my 54-year old ass away from productivity. Encouraging a looter. Oh, please bring it. Actually? Don't bother.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all reactions and points of view, so comments here are not moderated. Cheerfully "colorful" language is great. I'll even tolerate some ad hominem directed against me... each other, not so much. Racist or excessively abusive comments (or spam) will be deleted at my discretion.