Search This Site

Loading

Monday, February 8, 2010

Portland, Again... And Lovin' It

Bus Stop Shadow
Petro @ Bus Stop
OK, back to me.

I simply feel compelled to provide, for my multitude of lurkers, a proper and recent image of me, waiting for the bus after a productive day of producing the "World's Greatest Hamburger(s)" for the multitudes. Because, dontchaknow, my readers are way above the the blogging tradition of leaving a trail of turds comments on my posts. A principle for which I am very humiliated grateful.

5 comments:

  1. Guess I'm not above the "tradition", keep on truckin', Petro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your favorite bartenderMarch 3, 2010 at 10:59 AM

    We miss you down in the AZ, I knew you'd left because the state got a little bit redder one day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers, fave bartender!

    Actually, it was purely economic - too many people fighting over too few jobs (of the sort I "retired" into - food service).

    Although, since I've left I'm kind of amazed at just how "red" Phoenix is, compared to Portland - admittedly a left-leaning city, but more normal to me.

    Irony number one here is that I should be more acclimated with Phoenix culture, but I'm more comfortable here - though I miss all of you terribly.

    Irony number two here is that didn't we use to call the left "reds?"

    Peace out, and thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yourfavoritebartenderMarch 9, 2010 at 1:33 PM

    Maybe people YOUR age called them "Reds"...you should NEVER acclimate yourself to PHX, neither the culture nor the weather is fit for man nor beast...miss you, write more...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all reactions and points of view, so comments here are not moderated. Cheerfully "colorful" language is great. I'll even tolerate some ad hominem directed against me... each other, not so much. Racist or excessively abusive comments (or spam) will be deleted at my discretion.