Search This Site

Loading

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Lawrence Wilkerson: "Let's Do It."


YouTube posted by Firedoglake.com
Former Chief-of-staff for Secretary Colin Powell, retired Col. Lawrence Wilkerson has some choice words about fearhead Dick Cheney, and he pulls no punches. It seems that the Colonol is picking up the same vibes from The Big Dick as my Holy Crap! antennae.

Rachel and Larry eventually get to the inevitable question on all of our minds... Can I Haz Frogmarch? They of course sketch around all of the requisite Very Serious points about political will & skill, with Col. Wilkerson ultimately expressing pessimism. Beginning around 6:40 in the clip, Ms. Maddow makes the very awesome point that the public seems itchy for the accountability, and that might create the "political will".

It is Wilkerson's response to this that I enjoyed the most.
"And that's what our country's all about. If that's the case, then let's do it.
I've never been about patriotism for patriotism's sake - it has, after all, been the refuge of scoundrels for most of my life. But what Col. Wilkerson expresses there is the sort of Constitution-lovin' patriotism that I find invigorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all reactions and points of view, so comments here are not moderated. Cheerfully "colorful" language is great. I'll even tolerate some ad hominem directed against me... each other, not so much. Racist or excessively abusive comments (or spam) will be deleted at my discretion.