Search This Site

Loading

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Must. Laugh. In. Public.

Jack is Acting

I was just lurking through another great FireDogLake.com thread, as I regularly do, and had had me a brew-spew moment, damn the Pups. Only this "Pup" was David Iglesias, one of the US Attorneys who were forced to resign for Rovian political reasons. Mr. Iglesias is participating in an FDL Book Salon on his book, In Justice which, as Christie says, "lays out the evidence of this attempt to taint the US system of justice. "

David Iglesias is a funny guy.

David Iglesias in the comment thread:
Weh’s comments made me think of Col Jessup’s comments in “A Few Good Men” when he admitted on the stand, “You’re __damned right I ordered the Code Red.” Weh is a retired USMC Colonel. No disrespect intended, I have lots of Marine friends, it was a weird case of life imitating art…
Bwahaha.

emptywheel observes:
In more ways than one, huh? That’s a great analogy.
Well - I can only add: "Goddamned right it is!" From Wikipedia (as of today - ahem):
[Allen] Weh, chairman of the New Mexico Republican Party, said said he complained in 2005 about then-U.S. Attorney David Iglesias to a White House aid for Karl Rove, asking that Iglesias be removed. Then in 2006 Rove personally told Weh “He’s gone,” Rove said. Weh was dissatisfied with Iglesias due in part to his failure to indict Democrats in a voter fraud investigation. Weh followed up with, "There’s nothing we’ve done that’s wrong."
Um - as you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all reactions and points of view, so comments here are not moderated. Cheerfully "colorful" language is great. I'll even tolerate some ad hominem directed against me... each other, not so much. Racist or excessively abusive comments (or spam) will be deleted at my discretion.