Search This Site

Loading

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

About That New Yorker Cover...

Jaw Drop
Courtesy of Bonnie Rockwaller
Amidst the spectacle of the media scrum churning over the whys, wherefores, and whatnots of the latest cover of The New Yorker cover satirically depicting the Obamas as terrists, I have not heard this pointed out, so I am here to fill a vacuum.

Subscribers and regular readers of The New Yorker tend to be a tad more sophisticated than your average Fox or CNN couch-potato. Elites and elitists, dare I say - capable of discerning this sort of medium-grade (OK, obvious) satire.

Splashing this "controversy" all of the media which is not The New Yorker exposes the cartoon to less discriminating eyes.

The hullabaloo is a self fulfilling clusterfuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all reactions and points of view, so comments here are not moderated. Cheerfully "colorful" language is great. I'll even tolerate some ad hominem directed against me... each other, not so much. Racist or excessively abusive comments (or spam) will be deleted at my discretion.