Search This Site

Loading

Monday, July 2, 2007

You're Not Putting Our Boy In The Fuckin' Can

Cheny/Bush


Christy here and here.
Jane here.
Marcy here:
Well, George did it. Made sure that Scooter wouldn't flip rather than do jail time. He commuted Libby's sentence, guaranteeing not only that Libby wouldn't talk, but retaining Libby's right to invoke the Fifth.

This amounts to nothing less than obstruction of justice.
I'm thinking that this administration does not want to piss these formidable women off.

Update: I like what Kung Fu Monkey has to say (all emphases mine). First, this:
This just hammers home my realization of what the Cheney Administration -- and yes, damn you this is the first time I've indulged in that neologism, and the first time I think it perfectly appropriate -- what the Cheney Administration has discovered. They have found the "exploit" within the United States Government. As I watched Congressmen and Senators stumble and fumble and thrash, unable to bring to heel men and women who were plainly lying to them under oath, unable to eject from public office toadies of a boot-licking expertise unseen since Versailles, it struck me. The sheer, simple elegance of it. The "exploit".
I forgive the Kung Fu Monkey for his apparent prior delicacy on this "Cheney Administration" business.
We are faced with utterly shameless men. Cheney and the rest are looking our representatives right in the eye and saying "You don't have the balls to take down a government. You don't have the sheer testicular fortitude to call us lying sonuvabitches when we lie, to stop us from kicking the rule of law and the Constitution in the ass. You just don't. What's beyond that abyss -- what that would do to our government and our identity as a nation -- terrifies you too much. So get the fuck out of our way."
"Oh, and by the way, go fuck youself." I think he's caught the Cheney character quite eloquently with that quote.

OK, let's see the testicles, Oh Legislative Branch. They are beating the shit out of the Judiciary, well and truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all reactions and points of view, so comments here are not moderated. Cheerfully "colorful" language is great. I'll even tolerate some ad hominem directed against me... each other, not so much. Racist or excessively abusive comments (or spam) will be deleted at my discretion.