Search This Site

Loading

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Dickwatch

The Big Dick
David Broder gets a clue:
...He used his intelligence and his grasp on the levers of power -- and most of all he used secrecy -- to outflank and outwit others and thereby shape the Bush administration's agenda.
OK, well, almost gets a clue:
It was not illegal, and it was not unconstitutional...
Yea, we'll see about that, won't we? I'll take your mea culpa, though, for what it's worth:
Where I thought, mistakenly, that it would be a great advantage to Bush to have a White House partner without political succession in mind, it has turned out to be altogether too liberating an environment for a political entrepreneur of surpassing skill operating under an exceptional cloak of secrecy.
As Josh says, however:
...when it comes to recognizing Cheney's profoundly damaging effect on American constitutionalism as well as his guiding role in essentially all of the administration's most disastrous policies, the train already left the station some time ago.

Sorry.
I'm not. Let's take this creep down.

Update: More piling on, please (emphasis in original):
I don't think Bush needs impeaching anymore. If you want to do the most good, impeach Cheney.
Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all reactions and points of view, so comments here are not moderated. Cheerfully "colorful" language is great. I'll even tolerate some ad hominem directed against me... each other, not so much. Racist or excessively abusive comments (or spam) will be deleted at my discretion.