Search This Site

Loading

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Fairness Doctrine, Again

I have no idea how many people bother reading this new blog of mine, but a post on the Fairness Doctrine actually generated some interest from some National Association of Broadcaster sympathizers. They raised the canard that they the Doctrine constituted "government regulation" over content, like that was a bad thing. "Government" regulation being, actually, "public" regulation over an asset owned by the public, as opposed to having the airwaves serve corporate profit and the interests therein. So we had a cordial back-and-forth over the matter, and he wisely went away.

I bring this up only because there is an excellent post on the subject over at The Existentialist Cowboy, and I wanted to add my meager link to a subject which is near and dear to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all reactions and points of view, so comments here are not moderated. Cheerfully "colorful" language is great. I'll even tolerate some ad hominem directed against me... each other, not so much. Racist or excessively abusive comments (or spam) will be deleted at my discretion.