Search This Site

Loading

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Psychotic Liberal Has A Point To Make...

...and I agree with him. Fuck Tivo.
At work, we go into the break room for coffee or water, and we hear people talking while TV is on about something else they saw on TV, and their eyes dance back to the screen over and over while the only topics they talk about are what they saw on TV.

[snip]

So fuck Tivo.

Fuck television.

Oh, and the kicker? Since November I've lost almost 30 lbs, and The TechnoBabe has lost almost the same. Talk about getting closer, uh huh. Could we have done that sitting in front of the TV?

Finally, hundreds of thousands of dead people, American and Iraqi, would be alive today if nobody watched TV. Bush couldn't have sold the lies without the tube.

On the other hand, I suspect that Crooks and Liars well uses it, much to the benefit of those of us who don't watch TV. I certainly appreciate the archiving of the absurd and the mendacious.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the linkage, and I agree, seeing the absurd and mendacious in clip form is illuminating, and I'm grateful to C&L for featuring another post.

    I got about 95% positive comments, with a single clinker (read: TIVO lover) at Bring It On!

    What matters is that I heard from people outside the tube's influence, because it can get very strange out here, when people become instantaneously defensive when all we say is "We don't have TV."

    May peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, sir. I'm adding your blog to my linklist.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all reactions and points of view, so comments here are not moderated. Cheerfully "colorful" language is great. I'll even tolerate some ad hominem directed against me... each other, not so much. Racist or excessively abusive comments (or spam) will be deleted at my discretion.