Search This Site

Loading

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Music To My Ears

This is the kind of fresh air that I long to breathe:
Recently, my Dad sagely observed to me in a telephone conversation, "None of this is new. I’ve seen all this stuff before. All politicians are full of it. They’ll always be full of it. That’s life." Perhaps. And when it comes to life and politics, my Dad, like many Dads is a human oracle of experience and wisdom. But I remain optimistic because within this morass of deceit, a counter-culture of truth is emerging.

As our institutions and the mainstream media fail to deliver the truth, a hunger for reality is expressing itself among the people. Hence, we have the ascendancy of blogs. It’s undisciplined and irreverent out here. One has to be a discriminating consumer among thoughtful bloggers and those who are simply rhetorical bomb throwers. But there are golden nuggets of truth among ordinary people challenging elites about their destructive lies, disinformation and exploitation.

I'm with you, Rob.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the shout out kind sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, thank you for fighting the good fight. You are important.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all reactions and points of view, so comments here are not moderated. Cheerfully "colorful" language is great. I'll even tolerate some ad hominem directed against me... each other, not so much. Racist or excessively abusive comments (or spam) will be deleted at my discretion.